Annually, the ETHS Booster Club provides up to $100,000 in funding allocations to support requests from the fine arts, student activities, and athletic teams at ETHS.
The Boosters support extracurricular activities at ETHS by raising money through membership fees, donations, concession and spirit wear sales, and an annual benefit. These funds are then made available to Student Activities, Fine Arts, and Athletics to benefit ETHS students and enhance the quality of their extracurricular experiences.
Requests for funds are solicited twice a year: in October (Fall Allocations) and March (Spring Allocations). Activities sponsors, music/arts leadership, and coaches may request funds by submitting a funding allocation application to Boosters via their particular Department Head at school (Student Activities Chair, Fine Arts Department Chair, or Athletic Director). Members of the Boosters Allocation Committee meet with Department Heads to learn of each department’s funding priorities; allocation funds are limited, so not all requests can be approved. The Allocation Committee then brings its funding recommendations to the Booster Board for discussion and a vote.
The goals of the Boosters Allocation Committee are to:
- Be good stewards of the funds that have been contributed to and earned by the ETHS Booster Club;
- Benefit as many students as possible;
- Meet needs that have no other sources of funding;
- Enhance extracurricular experiences for as many ETHS students as possible.
- The request must directly benefit enrolled students.
- The requested funds must be used within 18 months.
- Boys’ and girls’ teams within the same sport are encouraged to share equipment that is purchased with Booster funds.
- Booster Club funds are generally not available for travel, meals or accommodations. Special situations may be considered.
- Uniforms are the responsibility of ETHS. However, Booster Club funds may be requested for rain gear or other specialized garments.
- Department Heads will notify coaches and sponsors when the allocation application window is open and will provide application materials.
- If a request is more than $1,000, two bids are required from vendors.
- A coach/club sponsor may combine funds from their Activity Account with a request for an allocation. Requests should be for amounts that exceed the balance in the Activity Account. If the account balance is significant, the Boosters may ask that Activity Account funds be used to help pay for the full cost of the requested item. Questions regarding Activity Account balances and details should be posed to the Department Head.
- Boosters works hard to ensure that funding is divided equally among Student Activities, Fine Arts and Athletics (e.g. if $45,000 is available for a Fall or Spring Allocations cycle, each area receives as close to $15,000 as possible).